Saturday, September 18, 2010

Book Review: She's Not the Man I Married: My Life with a Transgender Husband

By Helen Boyd

This sequel to her first book My Husband Betty is another great book by Ms. Boyd. While the first looked at the issues and feelings she faced being married to a cross dresser, in this book she explains how her husband now is unsure and may in fact decide to transition fully.

This book offers a bit more in depth look at gender and insight into the realities, confusion and hardships she has gone through as she watches the man she married come to terms with his gender.

This is a great read for anyone who is or has a loved one who identify as transgender. Like My Husband Betty, I also suggest it to anyone who wants insight into the realities of the trans experience.

Buy Now: She's Not the Man I Married: My Life with a Transgender Husband

2 comments:

Angel said...

Interesting. I have a great deal of sympathy for women whose husbands choose to transition.

Katherine said...

In some instances I do as well. I think that some people forget that they are going through this as well... In a lot of ways these wives are losing their husbands. I think deciding whether or not to stay is a difficult choice to make.