Saturday, October 30, 2010

One Full Year!

Today is my one year anniversary of going full time! I am not sure I have anything useful to say about this however... I will just lay down some bullet points I guess:

  • I have changed a lot. Even as frustrated as I get with myself I no longer see "him" in the mirror at all.
  • Life is slowly returning to normal. I have a job, I am in school... The novelty wears off and you just move on. There is a reason it is called a transition.
  • It has been much harder then I thought. I think it is important for people to realize that the feeling we had before transitioning such as depression, anger, and anxiety do not just magically disappear. Transition is one of the first steps, from there you have to learn to live again.
  • Never assume you know or understand how other people feel about you, especially your family. This is just as hard on them as it is on us and they need time to adjust just the same.

That is about it really... It has been exciting and different

No comments: