Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another Rare Personal Post

I have been really sick lately (gallbladder surgery followed by a very bad bout with the flu) so this blog has been slowing to an almost halt. Now that I feel a little bit better I want to take some time to reflect a bit and realign. I am hunting for inspiration... Suggestions? Links? Anything is welcome.

I even found some old inspiration in a bit of spirituality so to speak (even though I am not a spiritual persona at all). It came about while I was having an interesting conversation with a dear friend the other day about philosophy and our sense of self. I remembered a verse from the Tao Te Ching that always resonated with me; it is the second verse in the text:

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other.

Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.

Written by Lao-tzu
From a translation by S. Mitchell


Explaining what this verse means to me would take a 5000 word essay but I just wanted to share it. I hope you find some meaning in like I did.

Well, good day for now...
Katherine

xoxo

No comments: