Thursday, February 24, 2011

Movie Review: Transamerica

This movie is a cute story about a trans woman who finds out she fathered a child. Although the mvoie claims to be a comedy I didn't find it funny... Not because I took it to seriously, it just wasn't a funny movie. This isn't to say that it wasn't good because it was. It is just more of a drama then a comedy.

I think I will just wrap this review up by saying that I think it is great to have a movie that paints a transsexual in a positive way and this movie tries hard to do this. It does a decent job in showing some of the hardships we face as well. My only problem with it is that it does rely heavily on stereotypes.

Buy it at Amazon: Transamerica

2 comments:

shelleybear said...

I thought "Better Then Chocolate" was better film.

Katherine said...

I will have to watch that one. Thanks!