Saturday, May 31, 2014

From Youtube - The Decision To Be Non Op

This is a video posted on youtube that brings up a great point. That point is that some trans women for one reason or another choose not to have sexual reassignment surgery. As she states her reason is that she do not feel that the procedure will give her the results she would want. I just want to add that this is a 100% valid way to look at things and people (both trans and not) need to understand that surgery is not required to be who you are. In no way are non-op trans women fake transsexuals! None of this gender identity stuff has anything to do with what is between our legs! For me, surgery will just make my body fall more in line with who I am, but it will not confirm it or solidify it to me or anyone else. I am a woman now and I will be one post surgery. Surgery is just one option available to us and it is a very personal choice. One that not everyone is willing to make or even considering.

Anyway, check her video out below:



Thanks to @danielnobody for pointing this out

3 comments:

TrAntidote said...

This is one of the biggest double standards in the trans community. A LOT of FTM's don't get surgery and are fully accepted (even w/o top surgery!), but for some reason that rationale doesn't extend to MTF's, who feel pressured to get bottom surgery. It's absurd. We are so much more than the sum of our parts!

Katherine said...

Well said!

Calie said...

I don't get it, but I respect the non-ops. Too bad that there are those "trannier-than-thou's" out there who don't have that respect for their non-op sisters.

With me, it is all about the wrong equipment I was born with.

@TrAntidote - Good point.