Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pink Tights

I have a lot of things about be that are really kinda silly when you think about it... I mean, I didn't name this blog Silly Trans Woman for nothing...

Anyway, one of these things happened to be my long standing love of pale pink tights. I remember even as a small child that I wanted to be Daphne from Scobby Doo, or at least I wanted to wear what she was wearing... Later in life other people would pop up wearing pink tights (or what looked like pink... looking back they both look taupe but hey... who cares) and I instantly wanted to be like that. Two that stand out are Natalie Merchant in the 10,000 maniacs unplugged video for the song Because the Night and James Iha in the Smashing Pumpkins video for their song Today.

I have no clue what it is really about pink tights that drives me to them, my favorite being a neon pink pair from Betsy Johnson.

I know this is kind of a useless post in terms of information but I does say something. It is one thing that I can say I knew from a young age...

3 comments:

Stace said...

Does everything have to be a "useful post"? I quite liked reading it :)

Stace

Katherine said...

Why thank you =)

Halle said...

Pink tights = circus ?

I do not know why but that is the connection for me. Nothing silly about wanting to look pretty is there? Personally, any post that gets me thinking is 'useful' and most of the time information is just boring. :)