Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'd be confused myself...

Just read an article about how some Girl Scout leaders in Louisiana disbanded their troops over the fact that a Colorado troop allowed an transgender girl to join. Thy say their reasoning is that it "goes against what [they] believe".

With blantent contradictions such as the ones below I'd be confused myself as to what I thought was right:

The one we all know:
Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven
However, seems they like this one better (or at least it suits their purposes better here):
2 John 1:10
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed

IDK... Seems to confusing to me... Don't judge but you can discriminate? No wonder why these people are so angry. You want to see more examples of this hypocri... I mean contradiction at work look here

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I looked there and sadly it was in was from the comic book new speak bible. I am going to be judgemental and say that there is no poetry in these new versions...

Only really need one rule, " do unto others...".

Katherine said...

Caroline, unfortunately the quotes I gave were from the King James Bible, not some new version... Regardless, the point is that no matter what translation you read there is no consistency in the message. I agree that we should treat others as we want to be treated but I find that it is both ironic and unfortunate that most people remember this and want it only when they feel they are the ones being discriminated against.