Saturday, February 15, 2014

Outfit Suggestion: 2/15/14

Below is a great casual outfit I think would be flattering on many body shapes, especially on people with narrow hips. This look can be dressed up or down and really will look good on a wide range of people regardless of their age. It is something I would definitely wear... Actually, I have a number of variations of this outfit that I wear regularly.

For this outfit suggestion I've picked out a a line skirt, an simple tank top with a cardigan sweater. One bit of advice, bold colors can look great and can help give you a pop of color but make sure they fit as they can draw attention up to your torso. I am showing red here but black, charcoal, brown, and dark blue will look good on just about anyone. Stay away from really light colors like white and some pastels if you are trying to minimize your chest size.

Lastly I've finished off this look with some simple round toe pumps (flats look great with this type of outfit as well). Add some accessories (and pantyhose depending on where you are going) and you are ready for lunch out with friends or even a day at the office!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Really like the outfit! Just wondering if you could switch the color combination for me? I have broader shoulders and arms, so I like to minimize those with a darker cardigan, but then have a colorful cami or tank underneath. I am shapely with 39" hips and 31" waist, so I like the pencil skirts instead. Could you make a suggestion? Thanks, Michelle...

Katherine C said...

Oh absolutely. I really like my black cardigan with a bright blue or green cami. I'll be adding more outfits soon. Thanks for y he feedback.

Michelle said...

thanks so much, I really love your style and advice!!!