Friday, February 21, 2014

Outfit Suggestion: 2/21/14

With the outfit below I have paired a v-neck dolman sleeve top with a pair of boot cut jeans. This top has two things going for it: for one, dolman sleeve are great for broad shoulders, and two, v-necks look great on everyone! As for the jeans, boot cut is the way to go if you have poorly defined hips. Also flaps on the back pockets will help give the appearance of fuller bottom. In regards to jean color (often times referred to as the "wash"), I like varied washes... maybe slightly lighter on the tops of the thighs. I do not care for whiskers but some people do. In general darker washes are great and can be very slimming, while lighter washes will make you look bigger but... I don't care for them or how they look. The jeans pictured here are about as light as I would go personally.

Lastly I completed this look with some simple black flats (although a bright red or green pair would be kinda awesome!). I would also suggest some earrings to round every thing off and make it complete.



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love this outfit! Please keep these outfit ideas coming, I really like each one. Like the top, found it at Sears also, so I think I will go and try it out. One thing I can't wear are earrings because they cause problems for my earlobes (what a pity). Could I go with a necklace or bracelet instead? Thanks so much...

Katherine C said...

A nice necklace would definitely look great!