Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Journey: Adventures in the Great White Wilderness

Ok... so I am not exactly in the wilderness but come on. Enough with yhe snow. I haven't seen more that a small patch of grass since early December.

Moving on... As I don't want to waste an entire post itching about the weather I will share some exciting news. I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks! The interview process was interesting but not once did my transition or the fact that I am trans even remotely seem like it played a role. In fact this company actively pursued me even after I turned down their first offer!

Granted I live in a state that offers protections for transgender people but still. Why do I share this? Well I want others to know that good things are possible. Sometimes people judge you on your abilities. I know all to well what it feels like on the other side of this. Getting turned down for a job flat out because I am trans sucks. Its happened but it doesn't always happen.

Anyway, hope y'all have a great week and an even better weekend.

Kat

xoxo

No comments: