Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Journey: Post Surgery Revisions

So I have some scaring after surgery... and by some I mean a lot. I personally love my scars on the outside, but the one inside the top rim of my vaginal opening has made dilating difficult and sex... well, not really possible. Recently I went to see my surgeon to discuss options for removing it and the good news is she things we can do it and have great results. The bad news is it is a procedure that would require me to go into the OR.

I want to point out that the scaring is not the result of a poorly performed surgery. It is directly related to how my body healed and the circumstances directly after my surgery. That is a long complicated story but lets just say I had some unexpected non-trans related issues pop up almost directly after my surgery and was under a huge amount of stress.

So that leaves me with where I am today. I am planning on heading back out to PA to have everything finished up next spring and that will be it for me in the surgery department. Just wanted to share a little personal side of my journey. I hope to write more of these moving forward.

- Kat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that :(

Katherine Jean said...

Nothing to be sorry for but thanks. Life is an adventure right. Sometimes things go as planned, sometimes they don't. :)