Monday, June 15, 2015

My Journey - Can't Get It Up

Ok... I am back with another personal post about my journey. A lot of you who have been following my blog know I have been here for a few years now. It seems like yesterday but it has actually been a few years since I had surgery even. I just wanted to share with you all some of what is going on in the world of Kat.

The biggest trans related thing that I struggle with now is a definite lack of libido. Like don't even care, get bored thinking about, would rather eat peanut butter cups. I've talked to my doctor and plan on doing so in July at my next checkup but it is really bringing me down. My testosterone is really low (low than what it should be for cis women) which is more than likely the reason. Just something to remember, we get caught up in this idea that we need to erase all of the maleness from our body and that means block all the T right... wrong. There are consequences to what we do and HRT is a moving target. This is one of the prime examples of why we don't self medicate. I am under the care of a physician and have been for years and my hormones regularly need to be updated as my body changes. Just keep it in mind :)

Other than that there isn't to much else to report... I'll post another one of these fun updates soon enough. 

1 comment:

Willow said...

Stay strong sister!