Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hair Transplant #2 Update (6 weeks)

So it has been just over 2 months since my second hair surgery and I have noticed a few (not many) hairs popping out but that is to be expected. I have dyed my hair and had them cut bangs for the first time in my life *GASP*

Here is a pic of the progress. You can see some tiny hairs on the right side of my widows peak and along the hairline there. they are harder to see further back and because they are blonde now. In six weeks there "should" be some dark hairs showing up as more grow in and in 4 months even more. They said 5 to 6 months before you see any real growth and 12 to 18 before you see full growth of all transplanted hair so none of this is any surprise to me. I just want to share the progress so others who are thinking about this procedure can know what to expect. Just an FYI, 90% of the hair you see in the thin areas is transplanted from my first surgery so it does work, I'd estimate <5% is from this transplant so far. Like everything, you just need realistic expectations. I know I will never have a thick head of hair, but I won't and don't need to wear a wig and that was my goal!  :)

P.S. Going blonde helps hide my thinning more than I ever could have imagined!

No comments: